Often I get emails asking the Monitor I use, Microphone I use .. stuff related to my audio setup and apps that I use. Hence, I decided to write a blog post, so that I can point them to it when ever I get emails from enthusiasts.
I take a lot of time to make my mind, when ever I want to switch to new software/hardware, but once I do it, there is a very less chance that I will not use it.
Lets start ..
- Visual Studio Code is my go the Editor since Salesforce released few extensions in VS Code under the hood of SalesforceDX.
- Theme that I use for VS Code is Cobalt2 developed by WesBos.
- iTerm is the Terminal that I use.
- I use MacBook Air. The only thing that's holding me back to upgrade to MacBook Pro is the faulty keyboard.
- Acer 28” 4K monitor This is the monitor I use to boost up my productivity. Am thinking of adding one more Monitor, may be a 32’’ DELL monitor. Let’s see.
- I use Apple Wired Keyboard as the external Keyboard.
- Beats Solo 3 keeps me away from distractions.
- I use Seagate 1TB Hard Disk as the physical backup drive.
- I use Shure SM7B which is basically a premium dynamic microphone. I used to use Blue Snowball which is a condenser mic but it used to pick all the background noises and hence I replaced it.
- Rode PSA1 Boom Arm is the Boom Arm I use to hold my Shure SM7B.
- I use a DBX 286s Preamp to do almost all my audio compression and processing.
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 converts Analog Signal to Digital Signal.
- All this equipments is pretty demanding and I use 4-Port USB Hub. Am planning to replace it with AmazonBasics USB 10-Port Power Hub with Power Adapter.
ScreenFlow — All the videos I make are brought to life by ScreenFlow. If not this software, I wouldn’t have pursued the option of making screencasts/videos.
Podia - This is the storefront I use. I only focus on creating content and the rest I leave it to Podia. I have written my experience using Podia here.
Things — I cannot imagine my life without this app. I dont know what got me hooked to this App. But it just works for me. There are some decent alternatives, I tried all of them, but Things just worked for me.
CloudApp — As I train people I get lots of emails asking doubts, I find it time consuming replying to those emails with text, hence I do a quick video recording(or GIF) using CloudApp and send it across.
BearApp — This is my favourite note taking app. Couple of reasons I love this app is, it supports Markup and their themes.
Typinator - I use this for canned responses. Handling emails is a major challenge and I automate a lot of stuff using this piece of Software. I
BackBlaze — Backup is the backbone of my business. I cannot afford to loose my work or a video at any cost. BackBlaze backs up my complete Mac in the background without any hassle.
Google Drive System — I have1TB plan with GSuite, though I delete a file from my Mac a copy is always there in the Google Cloud.
ConvertKit — This is my email marketing platform and it is doing a fantastic job.
Rocket — I use Rocket App to for all the cool emojis, which you usually see in